Advanced Power is a successful global developer, owner and manager of sophisticated power generation facilities designed to provide responsible and reliable electricity. The company is committed to optimally balancing growth while sustaining environmental compliance, preserving natural resources, and lowering carbon emissions. Based in Boston and Houston, Advanced Power seeks committed, enthusiastic professionals to join an entrepreneurial team and support the company’s worldwide growth.
Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical and competitive, privately-held company. This is a full-time position based out of Advanced Power’s Houston office.
The candidate will support the Advanced Power Project Development and Asset Management teams. Core duties will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, joint venture agreements, joint development agreements, shareholder agreements, share and asset purchase and sale agreements, asset management agreements and development services agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on credit documentation, including credit facility agreements, depositary agreements, subordination agreements, mezzanine debt agreements and collateral and security agreements.
- Negotiating construction and O&M contracts, fuel supply and power offtake agreements, interconnection agreements, revenue puts and other hedge contracts.
- Advising on permitting, regulatory and licensing matters, real estate agreements including leases, rights of way, easements and land options.
- Forming project and corporate entities and preparing board and shareholder resolutions, operating agreements and other formation documents.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on terms and conditions, service agreements, ISDA documentation and other agreements related to projects in operation.
- Managing the interaction between external counsel and project teams, closely monitoring external legal costs and ensuring that good relations with external counsel are fostered and maintained.
The candidate will be a qualified attorney of 2-3 years’ experience, with good corporate and commercial experience and/or exposure to the electricity industry, whether through an in-house role or at a law firm. The candidate will report to the Senior Counsel. Among other things the candidate must:
- Possess excellent drafting and negotiating skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Be able to work proactively and collaboratively with project teams, deal with matters in a timely manner and have the confidence to highlight issues that need to be addressed.
- Demonstrate experience in commercial and corporate transactions, including some M&A experience.
- Liaise confidently with senior management on all aspects of the matters the candidate is working on.
- Familiarity with project financing of infrastructure projects, particularly power project financing, M&A, real estate or Federal/state siting and permitting laws would be an advantage.
- Experience working in the ERCOT, PJM and SPP power markets would be an advantage.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice. Advanced Power is an equal opportunity employer.