The Staff Accountant is responsible for day to day accounts payable functions for entities under Advanced Power’s corporate structure and entities under the asset management services business. There are five entities which make up nearly 95% of the volume. The candidate will spend fifty percent or more of their time on accounts payable input which will include activity preparing for payment of accounts payable items, accruals for monthly close, and support of audits performed by independent auditors in relation to accounts payable items.
The Staff Accountant will be a key team member in the Boston office.
- Daily input of accounts payable information
- Accrual accounting
- Ensure application of related internal control policies and monthly close processes
- Travel and expense reporting
- Intercompany activity and proper eliminations
- Bank reconciliations
- Ability to move fluently from task to task
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong, efficient basic excel skills for reporting and analysis are required
- Journal entry preparation
- Variance analysis to budget for some business areas
- Ad-hoc requests outside of accounts payable may be requested from time to time
- Audit support
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting. One to three years of related work experience is required. Experience with NetSuite or a similar program is desirable but not required.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Director of Accounting, Corporate and the Vice President, Finance of Asset Management, in the Boston office. The candidate will split their time equally between corporate entities and entities under the asset management services business.
For more information about Advanced Power visit www.advancedpowerna.com.Apply Now