Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held enterprise.
The Project Controller will be a key team member in the management of new natural gas-fired power generation projects in the United States.
As such, he or she, based in Boston, will initially be responsible for day to day accounting functions for the South Field Energy project located in Columbiana County, Ohio (the “Project”) and to establish and maintain solid working relationships with necessary parties during construction and operations of the power plant. This role is expected to grow into servicing additional projects as they move from the development stage to the financed construction and operation stage.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the Project’s day to day accounting operations and perform end of month closings and all related reporting
- Monthly reporting to the owners (Board), debt providers, and hedge counterparties, including variance analysis and explanations
- Develop relationships with contract counterparties such as Lenders, Admin Agent, Independent Engineers and work closely with them on related project matters and reporting
- Cash management
- Oversee accounts payable processing and analysis
- Budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and variance analysis
- Lead the project’s annual audit and other audit or compliance engagements (i.e. cost segregation study, state and local tax compliance analysis)
- Preparation of financial statements, footnotes and accompanying support for annual audit
- Assist with internal controls documentation and implementation
- Assist in preparation of various reports and data requests and answers ad-hoc requests for internal and external reporting customers (partners, lenders, senior management)
- Work closely with Director of Operations and site personnel (Facility Manager, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Plant Engineer, and Plant Administrator) to accurately manage the accounting records for the plant (monthly close reporting, budgeting, forecasting)
- Work closely with the Commercial team (Front and Middle Office) to understand and accurately account for the commodity hedges and settlements
- At least four years of related experience for large debt financed projects in the power industry; 2 years of public accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, CPA is preferred
Skills and requirements:
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, for reporting and analysis are required
- Proficiency in NetSuite and Adaptive is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Highly organized and possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task daily responsibilities with concurrent projects and deadlines
- Strong financial modeling is preferred
- Related tax experience is a plus
This role will report directly to the Vice President, Finance AP Asset Management.
The role at Advanced Power Services (NA) Inc. is based in Boston, MA. Some travel to the project sites may be required but is not expected to be on a regular basis.Apply Now