Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately-held company.
The candidate will support Advanced Power’s Asset Management team in its daily management of the company’s operating assets. Core duties will include:
- Operations Support
- Review log book entries; identify operational equipment concerns and provide proactive solutions for improving fleet reliability.
- Provide engineering support on warranty claims and engineering evaluations on defective equipment or systems after warranty periods have elapsed.
- Ensure lessons learned from the design of operating plants are incorporated in the design and construction of new plants.
- Provide technical oversight during plant performance tests at project sites:
- review and approve performance test procedures with EPC performance engineer per EPC contract
- perform testing analysis using EPC contractor’s data and validate with contracted performance engineering company during power plant commissioning
- Thermal Performance Engineering
- Oversight of multiple power plant data historians (such as OSI PI), perform ad-hoc data mining, build fleet and plant specific displays, produce standard and customized production reports at an asset manager level.
- Application of thermal performance computer-based programs such as EtaPRO and GateCycle to trend and predict performance across the fleet.
- Gather data, perform analyses and draft reports.
- Analyze, manage, report and recommend improvement on multiple production key performance indicators results at an asset manager level.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required, preferably mechanical engineering. 5-10 years of work experience in power plant operations and/or thermal design engineering. Additional requirements:
- Extensive experience with thermal performance modeling software and data historians.
- Strong operational knowledge of natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating facilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and presentations appropriate for various organizational levels, including board level.
- Ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative.