Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held company.
The candidate will support Advanced Power’s Asset Management team in its daily management of the company’s operating assets. Core duties will include:
- monitoring power and gas markets
- maintaining financial models for projecting energy gross margins and asset valuations
- utilizing financial models to mark-to-market trading books
- settling energy trades
- maintaining debt models to monitor project debt levels
- developing energy-hedging strategies to minimize default risk and market volatility of operating assets
- analyzing impacts of proposed energy hedges on forecast financial results for individual assets and advising management on those impacts
- providing to asset boards detailed monthly reporting on financial projections and hedge positions of the assets
- supporting financial transactions associated with operating assets, including debt refinancing and asset sales
- acquiring and maintaining industry knowledge of gas and power markets, transmission, and other related trends
- identifying potential opportunities for Advanced Power to maximize the value of its operating assets
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, economics, engineering, accounting, or related field. Five+ years of work experience in the utilities, energy trading or finance. MBA beneficial. Additional requirements:
- Extensive experience with financial models including debt financing models, power plant valuation models and spread option models or similar statistical-based forecasting techniques.
- Knowledge of PJM and NYISO energy markets and northeast natural gas markets.
- Operational knowledge of solar and natural gas-fired combined-cycle generating facilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and presentations appropriate for various organizational levels, including at board level.
- Ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to support a high-performance organization that expects to deliver operational excellence and meet or exceed financial targets.