Project Development Counsel
Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical and competitive, privately-held company.
The candidate will support the Advanced Power Project Development team. Core duties will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, joint venture agreements, joint development agreements, shareholder agreements, share and asset purchase and sale agreements, asset management agreements, development services agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on credit documentation, including credit facility agreements, subordination agreements, mezzanine debt agreements and security agreements.
- Negotiating construction and O&M contracts, fuel supply and power offtake agreements, interconnection agreements, revenue puts and other hedge contracts.
- Advising on permitting and licensing matters, real estate agreements including rights of way, easements and land options.
- Forming project and corporate entities and prepare board and shareholder resolutions.
- Managing the interaction between external counsel and project teams, closely monitoring external legal costs and ensuring that good relations with external counsel are fostered and maintained.
The candidate will be a qualified attorney of 2-3 years’ experience, with good corporate and commercial experience and/or exposure to the electricity industry, whether through an in-house role or at a law firm. The candidate will report to the Associate General Counsel. Among other things the candidate must:
- Possess excellent drafting and negotiating skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Be able to work proactively and collaboratively with project teams, deal with matters in a timely manner and have the confidence to highlight issues that need to be addressed.
- Demonstrate experience in commercial and corporate transactions, including some M&A experience.
- Liaise confidently with senior management on all aspects of the matters the candidate is working on.
Familiarity with project financing of infrastructure projects, particularly power project financing, would be an advantage.