Senior Associate, Development
Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held enterprise.
The Senior Associate will be a key team member in Advanced Power’s Solar Project Development team, supporting daily management of the company’s US solar development projects and evaluation of feasibility initiatives. As such, he or she will support the management of multiple projects throughout the development phase - from initial feasibility and project inception to project financing or sale. Activities and responsibilities include obtaining internal approvals for active project development; creating and managing project budgets and schedules; negotiating and executing real estate agreements; overseeing environmental studies and obtaining all necessary permits and regulatory approvals for financing; filing interconnection requests and completing studies; and executing interconnection agreements.
The candidate will also be responsible for supporting and coordinating with all other departments to see the projects to a successful exit, including engineering, commercial, finance, legal and administrative. He or she will also maintain market knowledge and monitor competitors and competing projects. The candidate will be active in all local community stakeholders (political, government, school districts) and participate in community engagement and public relations, as needed. The Senior Associate will provide support to the project team in all external and internal matters related to a project.
The candidate should acquire and maintain industry knowledge of market, transmission, and other trends, analyze acquisition opportunities, respond to public RFPs, and identify potential bid opportunities for Advanced Power projects.
Qualifications: The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or MBA and at least 3 years of experience in the energy or power generation or related industry with a demonstrated ability to perform at a high level. The candidate will report to Director, Development. Among other things the candidate must:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and presentations appropriate for various organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Balance multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Be able to work as part of a team towards a common goal
- Communicate ideas and thoughts effectively both verbally and written
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Exhibit eagerness and willingness to learn
- Be trustworthy
- Have a strong understanding of key business principles
- Consistently perform and deliver on stated goals and objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to manage all members of a team regardless of seniority or department
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Exhibit high ethical standards and practices
This role is based out of Boston, MA and periodic travel throughout the Northeast and U.S. will be required.