Project Manager, Development
Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held company.
The Project Manager will be a team leader in the development or acquisition of power generation projects across North America.
As such, the Project Manager will direct all project development activities from project inception to financial close, including obtaining internal active development approval, negotiation of project site agreements, attainment of all relevant permits and regulatory approvals, commercial agreements, financing, construction and operation contracts.
In addition, the selected candidate will identify, analyze and evaluate competing project sites; manage schedules and budgets; handle political, government, regulatory, and community engagement/public relations; regularly coordinate activities with project engineering, finance, legal, and administration teams. The Project Manager will be the main point of contact and responsible party for a project within the Advanced Power organization and with all local stakeholders.
The candidate should acquire and maintain industry knowledge of market, transmission, and other trends, analyze acquisition opportunities, respond to public bids, and identify potential bid opportunities for Advanced Power.
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance, economics, engineering, accounting, environment or related field. Five+ years of work experience in the development, energy, or environmental fields preferred. MBA beneficial. Additional requirements:
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of relevant governmental/legal/environmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and presentations appropriate for various organizational levels as well as for the board.
- Ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- Demonstrated management capabilities.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to support a high performance organization that will deliver operational excellence and meet or exceed financial targets.
- Ability to travel extensively.
For more information about Advanced Power visit www.advancedpowerna.com.