Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held enterprise.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating and implementing internal and external communications content and contributing to programs that actively engage internal audiences on a global basis. The Specialist will translate business strategies into key messages, develop appropriate internal communications initiatives in support of those strategies, and execute and drive programs that create excitement, drive engagement, align teams, and shape culture.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to execute communications plans, strong writing skills, and a natural ability to think strategically while delivering tactical results. This role works with management and internal teams to communicate new information and promote Advanced Power’s special strengths and values.
The candidate will also be responsible for:
- Creating a best-in-class internal communications function across the company that fuels employee engagement, influences connectivity and culture, positively impacting all offices.
- Developing communication materials using a variety of tactics (written communications, presentation materials, Zoom and other platforms, town halls, small group meetings, etc.) to articulate key messages.
- Ensuring communication messaging and materials are high quality, accurate, appropriate, and integrated with firm priorities and themes.
- Creating internal tools as appropriate to maximize the firm’s internal communication effectiveness and ensures consistent messaging, branding, imagery, and identity.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, and execution of internal employee events as needed and appropriate.
- Assisting in writing and editing impactful and engaging content to be used for external project and corporate messaging.
- Working with appropriate firm personnel to create and maintain content for employee communication channels, and partner with the broader teams to explore/recommend new channels or technologies where possible.
- Manages content for the global company intranet, ensuring that it is up-to-date, engaging, and informative.
- Implements metrics reports to measure effectiveness of internal communication channels and measures internal communications with the goal of continuously improving internal communications strategy to reach and engage employees.
Qualifications: The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field along with 5+ years of relevant communications experience. Experience in the energy industry is an added plus but not required.
The candidate will report to the Director, Business Operations. Among other things the candidate must:
- Possess outstanding oral and written communications skills including superior writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate ability to think analytically and develop solutions that meet the business needs of the firm.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and consistently deliver high quality results on-time and on-budget.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven and collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups.
- Consistently demonstrates strong business acumen and judgment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to build relationships and collaborate across the company.
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively with partners and staff at all levels.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrated previous experience in writing and editing marketing content; experience with web and digital content preferred.
- Experience managing branded social media accounts and proficiency with Google Analytics and HTML-based content management systems.
For more information about Advanced Power visit www.advancedpowerna.com.