Finance Director, Asset Management
Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held enterprise.
The Finance Director, Asset Management (“Finance Director”) will be a key team member in the management of new natural gas-fired and solar power generation projects in the United States.
As such, he or she will initially be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions for a 700 MW natural gas fired power plant located in Carroll County, Ohio (the “Project”) as well as the 350 MW solar project in Texas currently under construction, and to establish and maintain solid working relationships with necessary parties during construction and operation of the power plants. This role will also provide support to the Asset Management team with respect to guidance related to accounting and finance matters, and assist the Vice President, Finance with various reviews of other power plant project deliverables and oversight.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monthly reporting to the owners, debt providers, and to the corporate entity, including variance analysis and explanations
- Cash management
- Accounts payable supervision
- Budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and variance analysis
- Lead the project’s annual audit and other audit or compliance engagements (i.e. cost segregation study, state and local tax compliance analysis)
- Preparation of financial statements, footnotes and accompanying support for annual audit
- Assist with internal controls documentation and implementation
- Assist in preparation of various reports and data requests and answers ad-hoc requests for internal and external reporting customers (partners, lenders, senior management)
- Work closely with Director of Operations and site personnel (Facility Manager, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Plant Engineer, and Plant Administrator) to accurately manage the accounting records for the plant (monthly close reporting, budgeting, forecasting)
- Work closely with the Commercial team (Front and Middle Office) to understand and accurately account for the commodity hedges and settlements
- Act as the “go to” for accounting related matters and liaise between the operations team at the project sites and Boston, as well as the commercial team
- Provide support to the VP Finance in the monthly close review for the asset portfolio as well as other project deliverables
- Eight to ten years of related experience for large debt financed projects in the power industry; 2 years of public accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, CPA is preferred
Skills and requirements:
- Strong controllership skills
- Ability to function as “consultant” in a diverse decentralized environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, staff monitoring, coaching, and training capabilities
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP reporting, particularly in the energy industry
- Strong day-to-day financial skills with a hands-on approach
- Positive, an initiator with a high energy level
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, for reporting and analysis
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency in NetSuite is a plus
- Knowledge of Maximo is a plus
- Related tax experience is a plus
This role will report directly to the Vice President, Finance of Asset Management in the Boston office.