The Analyst, Commercial (“Analyst”) reports to the VP, Commercial and will be a key team member supporting the Asset Management function at Advanced Power in North America.
As such, he or she will assist in commercial activities associated with projects in construction or operations. The Analyst is expected to assist with the following:
- Assist in the management of gas and electricity market positions, economic analysis as well as other project level commercial arrangements
- Ensure that projects remain in regulatory compliance with governing bodies (FERC, EIA, etc.)
- Assist in ongoing bank and shareholder communication
- Generate internal and external financial performance reports
- Provide market related support to the Development team
- Work across all Asset Management functions to maximize shareholder performance
In addition to the above, the candidate will also be responsible for acquiring and maintaining industry knowledge of energy markets (power, gas, renewables), transmission, and other trends. The candidate will also be expected to analyze historical or forward market data and support transaction execution.
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance, economics, engineering, accounting, environment, or related field. Some work experience in the development, energy, or environmental fields beneficial. Additional requirements:
- Up to 3 years of experience working in the power generation industry
- Excellent verbal, written communication, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Strong MS Excel and data processing skills
- Ability to perform within a matrix organizational environment
- Knowledge of quantitative financial methods for structured commodity transactions
- A genuine interest in learning the intricacies of US energy markets
- Quick learner and ability to act independently
- Knowledge of governmental/legal/environmental regulations that impact development
- Strong business and financial savvy with the ability to support a high-performance organization
Travel: This position will be based on Boston and will require some travel throughout the U.S.