Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held company.
The candidate will support the Advanced Power legal, development and corporate teams. Core duties will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, standard terms and conditions for corporate and project entities and other standard corporate service contracts.
- Assisting internal project counsel and project development teams on permitting, licensing, real estate and financial closing matters.
- Forming project and corporate entities, preparing board and shareholder resolutions for corporate and project entities, preparing and efficiently maintaining corporate books and records for all corporate and project entities.
The candidate will be a qualified paralegal with 5+ years’ experience, with good corporate and commercial experience. Exposure to the electricity industry would be an added advantage. The candidate will report to the Associate General Counsel. Among other things the candidate must:
- Possess good drafting skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Be able to work proactively and collaboratively with project teams, deal with matters in a timely manner and have the confidence to highlight issues that need to be addressed.
- Liaise confidently with teams on all aspects of the matters the candidate is working on.