Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held enterprise.
This position will be primarily focused on supporting the solar side of the business with opportunities for growth into other areas.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build and maintain relationships with major equipment suppliers (modules, inverters, trackers) for solar generating facilities
- Explore potential long‐term supply or preferential supplier relationships to obtain the most reliable volume allocation and competitive pricing possible
- Develop and maintain a vendor and price data base for use in cost estimation
- Manage competitive bid processes for major equipment including RFP packages, bid evaluations, equipment awards, and purchase order negotiations
- Develop comprehensive bid tabs for use in analyzing proposals
- Clearly communicate purchase recommendations
- Develop standard technical specifications and commercial terms for major equipment using in-house and external specialists
- Define and implement a third‐party quality assurance, surveillance and control program
- Oversee purchase order administration pre‐ and post‐NTP including approval of invoices, management of QA/QC programs, transportation and logistics, storage, warranty administration and general commercial term enforcement
- Work closely with the Director of Solar Construction for optimizing facility economics and streamlining procurement execution and management
- Resolve issues relating to quality, late deliveries, and defective product in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
The candidate must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and communication skills; beenergetic and self‐motivated; and be capable of handling multiple and diverse tasks. The applicant must have a degree in business or engineering and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the solar power industry including 5+ years of procurement experience. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement and construction (technology, equipment, methods); PO negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and QA/QC required.
The candidate will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Engineering & Construction.
The position will be based out of the Boston, MA office, but will require periodic travel to the jobsites.
For more information about Advanced Power visit www.advancedpowerna.com.