Join a growing team dedicated to development and management of energy infrastructure, community economic development, corporate social responsibility, safeguarding environmental resources, and sharing in the growth of a highly ethical, competitive, and privately held company.
To support the North American Development and Asset Management teams with respect to origination and negotiation of structured long-term hedges and / or off-take contracts for gas fired and renewable projects.
- Extensive experience in origination of long-term power and gas transactions.
- Ability to leverage a strong network of potential contacts and counter-parties to source opportunities.
- Deep understanding of major natural gas, transmission and power markets.
- Ability to work easily with municipalities, cooperatives, industrial and gas suppliers.
- Operational knowledge of natural gas-fired combined cycle generating facilities as well as renewable and energy storage.
- Sophisticated persistence in getting through the front door and working through the term sheets while developing relationships that produce results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and presentations appropriate for various organizational levels, including company boards.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including a strong understanding of financial models, combined with the ability to support a high performance organization that will deliver operational excellence and meet or exceed financial targets.
- Must be able to critically analyze and develop where potential deal opportunities exist.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, economics, engineering, accounting or related fields. Fifteen+ years of work experience in the utilities, energy trading or finance. MBA beneficial.
The candidate will need to be intelligent, well-educated, and self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal skills and impeccable ethics. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven, and with very high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean structure, be strongly customer-focused, hold strong ethical and moral standards and be willing to assume significant personal accountability.
The candidate will need to be very good at communication skills. The candidate will need to be able to travel and work independently, effectively manage his/her initiatives in that they are balanced and ‘fit-for-purpose’, and work through a matrix organization to drive his/her initiatives and areas for improvement and risk mitigation.
Travel: This position will be based in Boston and require significant travel.
Languages: EnglishApply Now